Yes I am blogging, so you can close your jaws! We have had a whirlwind of activities yesterday and today, all blog worthy mind you, that it moves me into action. So here we go... It all started yesterday with my last PTO meeting. I made it, one year of service and I am very thankful to be able to hand my duties off to the next PTO secretary. Having a 1 year old and a 5 year old at home are not ideal conditions for numerous hours of volunteerism. I did it and am thankful but am even more thankful to be done.
After my PTO retirement lunch I picked Mckenna up from school early and swept her away to the doctor for her well check up, which was only 5 months late. Oh well! Well, she is growing, still on the very small end of the growth chart but growing none the less. We were fairly confident that she would not be getting a shot and thus the visit proceeded without any hitches, nothing to fear. She was almost done, just checking her spine for scoliosis, and what do you know, her spine curved just enough that the doctor ordered an x-ray to measure the curvature. Talk about heart stopper for an already cautious child. After ordering that she then told us that Mckenna was part of a group that had not received her chicken pox booster shot. Hmm...the calm in her eyes had been replaced by shear terror. Now, shots are not fun to watch. I tear up with every baby's scream. But when your 8 year old is pleading and declaring her terror and dislike for shots with the biggest tears ever, it tends to tear at a mom's heartstrings more than I am used to. She was hanging onto my neck and I could just feel her heart jumping out of her chest with each beat. It was terrible. I felt horrible to have to do this to her. When the nurse came in Mckenna just kept asking to hug her mom. I loved it and hated it all at once. But she did it and all was over in no time. However, there was NO way she was going to continue in the fun with an x-ray. We decided to come back another time. She is now alive and went back today for her x-ray. She told me she had been saying prayers all day as she thought about getting it and the possible diagnosis that something was indeed wrong with her. Poor thing, she has the making of a complete out of control hypochondriac. We will get the results next week. I hope she can keep it out of her mind until then. Oh how my heart broke for her these last two days. On a good note this is Mckenna with her PE award for running the tenth most laps of all the 2nd grade girls. Good job Mckenna!
Mia had her 18 month check up today and is perfectly healthy and well off the growth chart, just off the bottom. With each visit we continue to fall below it. Yes she is small but if you look at her she has rolls on her little legs and rolls on her little arms. She eats, and she is growing. One pound in six months may not break records but at least it is growth. Right?? I have always been vertically challenged and apparently I passed that onto my children (among a few other undesirable traits...oops!) She is now proudly weighing in at 18.6 pounds. Yay Mia! She is a trip though, she keeps me smiling, just can't get enough of her. Love you Peach!



My Luke. What can I say, he is my heartthrob. He had a big day today. He also had a well check up and did great. He improved in his growth chart. He moved from 10th percentile in his height to 25th. Whoohoo! That is amazing after looking at the girls! He somewhat failed his hearing test. We couldn't decide if he really couldn't hear the beeps or if he heard it and wouldn't tell us. So we are going to just watch him and try again next well visit. Also today Luke got registered for Kindergarten. He is soooo excited! I on the other hand have mixed feelings. I will miss him terribly but know that his time has come and he is very ready. Yay Luke. Today, he conned me into finally getting him a pair of boots that he has been just dying to have. I thought it would be a good way to celebrate the growth curve percentile graduation and also a no shots doctor visit and I guess his kindergarten registration. Oh Lukey, please stop growing up!

And this post wouldn't be complete without a Bob update. Bob had a doctor visit of his own. Only his wasn't so pleasant. He probably topped Mckenna on the terror scale. Today, my sweet Bob, well, he lost his manhood. He is taking it well and sleeping it off. In true Gibson fashion he will take it and move on (we hope, still too groggy to tell) He is a fun cat and I really did feel guilty for doing this to him. Of course I know it is all for the greater good but still, poor dude! I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept dreaming of my poor Bob and his little surgery. Again, poor dude. I hope he forgives us.

Well folks, if any one still reads this blog I hope you enjoyed a day in the life of this family. We are all glad they are over. And hope that next week can be a bit less hectic and draining as this one.
Well folks, if any one still reads this blog I hope you enjoyed a day in the life of this family. We are all glad they are over. And hope that next week can be a bit less hectic and draining as this one.
4 comments:
Your post is hilarious!!! Well, while your kids are populating the smaller end of the growth curve, mine are taking care of the top end. Can't believe how big your kids are. What cuties!!!
still reading your blog.
so keep the posts coming!
Love the blog. Sounds like you need a nap!
Hey, I'm so glad to get a Gibson update! Miss you guys tons!
Post a Comment