Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Odds and Ends

Here is the latest from the Jonny Gibson family:

Mckenna has played in 2 basketball games. She has made some pretty sweet assists, and her defense in definetly improving. She has a lot to work on as far as her aggressiveness and her hustle. She is a pretty athletic girl, but man on that basketball court she tends to look like a prissy little girl as she dances to get open and runs behind the ball as if not wanting to actually touch it but rather to do what she knows and has been coached to do. The team is 1-1. Not too shabby huh? We are hopefull that her skills will improve as we have seen great improvement from game 1 to game 2. Jonny has her on a strict workout schedule that includes daily basketball tips, ball handling, strength training, calisthenics, endurance drills, and a strict diet. We look forward to charting her growth as a basketball player. We have are currently working on a drafting a letter to send out to all major college recruiters.


Luke has completed 4 weeks of his preschool. I have left him screaming for only 2 of the 4 weeks. I consider that great progress. He has even declared to have found a best buddy. His new friend's name is Colton. Colton and Luke spent much of Monday together at our house and I was amazed to find two little boys with similar interests and sense of humor. They had great fun playing star wars dudes and transformer dudes, as well as laughing at each others jokes and making the same silly noises. I would post a picture but well, don't have one!!!

I am sad to report that Mia is growing up way too quickly for us and has graduated into her 3-6 month size clothing. She tries to sit up while in her car seat and swing. She has gotten many lectures on slowing things down a bit and staying a baby longer, I'm not sure she is understanding the concept of following directions. We may have a trouble maker on our hands. With her birth she tried to make it as scary as possible, threating mommy with a c-section twice. Then she is great at dirtying numerous diapers in a 10 minute period no matter how long mommy waits to change her. Her latest schemes include teasing mommy with 5 or 6 good hours of sleep and then waking up every hour after that until mommy has to get big sis ready for school. Her many smiles seems to be her redeeming quality.


As for Jonny and I, he has been playing basketball quite frequently and is losing weight while I seem to be gaining it. That's the way Jonny and I roll, polar opposites!! We are the textbook example of opposites attracting!! Thanks for all of your votes on my poll questions. I didn't get the results I was looking for and so will now delete them off of my blog page. The right answer to the first question, about who Mia looks most like, was supposed to be unanimous resemblance to me, her mother. So many of you missed that one. Second question was about my hair color. Seems the majority thought blond was a good color for me. While I considered it, I ended up going a smidgen darker with lighter highlights, however, the gray is in fact gone. I would post a picture, but I don't make a habit out of taking my own picture.

I must sign off now, my pillow seems to be screaming my name and Mia is just taunting me with her snoring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of Jonny playing basketball in this new tight white Under Armor sleeveless shirt is just too funny for me to handle...

Kate said...

Rhi,
I love reading your posts. Corey and I think it is hilarious that Jonny is giving pointers and having practice with McKenna about basketball. The kids are getting bigger and it is so sad. Definitely try to keep Mia a baby for a long time. I tried with Ashlyn but no luck. She's just almost 4 going on 16!

Marisa said...

How come I'm not exactly sure you're kidding about McKenna's basketball training regimen?