Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween fun...



Well another Halloween come and gone!! The kids were super excited for Halloween this year. I swear that retailers are just out there to sabotage parents. I mean seriously is it really necessary to torture kids with Halloween costumes out TWO months in advance? This has caused me some serious grief as I have been avoiding my favorite store just to not have to explain to my son that Halloween isn't for a really long time. So thankfully it has come AND gone!!! We finally broke down and got their costumes on Monday (a little last minute I know!) It did pay off though, both costumes were very much on sale, woohoo!!

Anyways, Luke got his costume on Monday and took it off for about 6 hours total during the week. Those 6 hours were during the day when I had to wash it, he would only let it air dry for a few minutes before he was diving into a wet costume!! He wouldn't allow us to call him Luke, it was, "Mommmm, call me Captain Rex!" and then I got, "Hold it right there!" For those of you Star Wars rookies Captain Rex is a clone trooper who fights on behalf of the republic (the good guys) Mckenna ended up being a Snow Princess. She looked fabulous and I even pulled off an amazing princess type hairstyle, if I do say so myself!! (She wouldn't sit long enough for pictures so you will have to take my word on the hairdo!) She looked waaay too pretty but what can you do?? I don't look forward to Mckenna as a dating aged teenager... wait that's right, she can't date until she is 35. I might be able to handle it by then!!

Then our little pumpkin was the cutest pumpkin I know!! She LoVEd dressing up and loved walking around in her costume. She giggled for the first 30 minutes after we got her suited up!! We all had a great night and got buckets full of goodies!!
***Just in case you were wondering***
Jonny made certain he pointed out that pumpkins don't have bows on top. AfterI roughed him up a bit for that, I then explained, as I will to you reading this, that this pumpkin is a high fashion pumpkin whose noggin wasn't big enough for the cap.

2 comments:

Kate said...

The picture of Jonny holding the pumpkin baby, looks like Jonny has a pumpkin in his tummy :)

Marisa said...

Super cute Halloween kids! I love the star-wars-obsession years...