Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun!!!


Happy Birthday Princess Mia!!!

I can't believe my baby is 1!?! She has been such a blessing in our home this last year. She has the sweetest little spirit. She has a special twinkle in her eye that only shines for her Daddy. Her big sister is already her hero and big brother is her comic relief. Mia is a quiet and reserved child. It takes a lot more than usual to get her to giggle, but when she does you can't help but laugh along with her. She has been such a good baby, not too demanding, easily goes with the flow, and came with the sweetest personality. I'm not sure if it is just her or her position in the family as number 3 but it has been a joyful year, despite the sleepless nights, the runny noses, and all the fun that goes along with a baby!! As we are preparing for our firstborn to celebrate birthday number 8 and our sweet son turning 5 that has allowed me the perspective of how truly fast time flies. I have tried to enjoy her more than usual simply because they do grow up so fast and the next thing you know they are turning 8 and talking about the "nice" boys in her class. Yikes!! I can honestly say that those nights of little sleep were okay just because I got to cuddle her a little more that day. Those days of short naps haven't been too tragic, we got to spend more awake time with her (despite a sometimes grumpy girl) Those little bumps and bruises she got while trying to get around aren't going to kill her but allowed me to comfort and cuddle a crying infant. Someday sooner than I would like she won't need her mom so much, so believe me I am trying to squeeze as much lovey, huggy, kissy time out of her while I can!!!

I love you my angel! I look forward to year number 2 (oh wait do I really?? Hmmm...could get interesting!!)

2 comments:

DNAgallows said...

Happy birthday! That photo...she totally looks like Rhi! It's been too long since we last saw you. Miss you guys!

Lauren said...

I love the pumpkin costume! What a cutie!