Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is summer over yet?

All I have to say is that it is going to be a very, very loooonnnggg summer. Here's why:

Mckenna: Why do I have to follow your rules?
Me: Because that's your job.
Mckenna: I don't want to, why don't I get to make the decisions?
Me: Well, Mckenna as long as you live with me you have to do what I say, I'm the mom.
Mckenna: Hmph!!!

That is our conversation for most of the day, just rephrased a few different ways to keep things real.

After three days of sleeping in and no school this was another conversation.
Me: Mckenna can you please go get dressed. We have to go.
Mckenna: Go where?
Me: To Houston.
Mckenna: Ohhh man, why do we have to go to Houston? I have worked hard all year long, I just need a day off.
Me:.....ummmm just get dressed please.

Another good one.
Me: Okay guys lets get dressed we are going to the movies today.
Luke: Can we get popcorn?
Mckenna: Why can't we just stay home, I just want to rest.
Mia: Ba ba ba ba.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mia is already talking back to mommy?!?!?!?

Kate said...

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT IT IS GOING TO BE A EXTREMELY LONG SUMMER! UGH.

Marisa said...

I've been looking for summer ideas...I'm not sure if Spencer is going to knock out Audrey or Audrey is going to knock out Spencer first. They are going to drive each other CRAZY!