I got flowers!! Luke LOVES to pick flowers for me. He makes me put them in a cup and watch them grow. He asks me if I love them and I tell him, "Of course, they are so pretty! Thank you Luke! I love you!" Luke says, "I love you too!" Those are the best words a mom can hear! I love my kids! As I was about to throw my cup of weeds out, it occurred to me how sweet and simple life is to children, and how I could learn a thing or two from them. I don't need 3 dozen beautiful roses to make me happy, these yellow dandelions picked by my son are just as beautiful. Life is what you make it and if your perspective is off than of course you might have a skewed view of life as well. But, if I can be grateful for the little, simple things, and find beauty in the weeds, then how much better life can actually be! So, thank you Luke for my flowers, they make me smile! I am just so thankful for my life and to be blessed enough to be a woman with the God given duty to be a mom. I honestly can't think of a bigger blessing than that!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Beauty
I got flowers!! Luke LOVES to pick flowers for me. He makes me put them in a cup and watch them grow. He asks me if I love them and I tell him, "Of course, they are so pretty! Thank you Luke! I love you!" Luke says, "I love you too!" Those are the best words a mom can hear! I love my kids! As I was about to throw my cup of weeds out, it occurred to me how sweet and simple life is to children, and how I could learn a thing or two from them. I don't need 3 dozen beautiful roses to make me happy, these yellow dandelions picked by my son are just as beautiful. Life is what you make it and if your perspective is off than of course you might have a skewed view of life as well. But, if I can be grateful for the little, simple things, and find beauty in the weeds, then how much better life can actually be! So, thank you Luke for my flowers, they make me smile! I am just so thankful for my life and to be blessed enough to be a woman with the God given duty to be a mom. I honestly can't think of a bigger blessing than that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Rhiannon. Your blog is so awesome! You are very special as a mother and wife!! Thanks for taking on Jonny and his sports addition. Oh, but he has his good side also......just a bit.
Post a Comment