Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not fooling anyone now!

Let me just preface this post by saying I LOVE MY MINIVAN!!! But, yesterday I had some realizations that just all of a sudden hit me. I also don't claim to be the quickest person to pick up on things, so yes my realizations should have just been a given when we purchased the odyssey! So as I was taking Mckenna to school yesterday I saw a silver odyssey pull out of the school parking lot. I thought, "Hmmm... I still am pretty cool and have a different car than you because I have a sunroof! So Ha!" Well I take a second look and saw their sunroof. Then I saw another silver odyssey on the way back home. Had the same thought, "Mine is different from yours, hahaha." Nope they had a sunroof too! I'm not bragging about my sunroof, which I happen to think is pretty cool anyways, but I just thought having one would distinguish my odyssey from the majority of the others. Nope! At least with the Xterra I had a grill guard, light covers, and a bike rack (that I thought was ugly anyways) to distiguish mine from all the other white Xterras. Well now I am just one of the crowd. If I have learned anything from my mom it would be to be your own person and be different. You don't always need to follow the crowd. Well, now I am part of the crowd, again, didn't dawn on me until yesterday. Then I parked in the 'shoppers with kids' parking spot yesterday at the grocery store. I have a very major pet peeve about people without kids parking there. I liked the fact that I could park my Xterra there and have people think that about me and then open the doors and unload a car full of kids. Well I also realized that I'm not fooling anyone when I park my minivan there. They just automatically expect the doors to automatically open--a feature which I just love btw--and have kids pouring out of there. So I again felt like one of the crowd. Not something I strive for, and wasn't expecting to feel like when I purchased my car (okay minivan.) Okay so you say "DUH!!" Well like I said, I'm not the quickest witted person around. Now, I am totally not complaining because I totally love my odyssey, which I knew I wanted from that first test drive a couple years ago. I'm simply saying that I was a little lost in the crowd yesterday and I guess I need to figure out how to distinguish my vehicle from the rest of the silver odysseys with sunroofs!! Maybe like Peyton Manning says in his commercials, I need to have flames painted on the sides!! Hmmm...not such a bad idea huh?

Thanks to my fellow minivan drivers for welcoming me to the group!! It is an elite group, I feel bad for those not secure enough to join it!!!!

And thanks for reading my blog and leaving comments! I love hearing what ya'll think!! Oh and I also realized that my answers for my poll question wouldn't exactly be a great question on a test, two of the answers are pretty much the same. So sorry Marisa it's best you not ask me for test writing help!! Anyways, thanks for reading ya'll!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When a minivan drives by me......I feel myself falling asleep. Then, I realize that I'm in a hot rod of love, and I wake back up again....

Kate said...

Welcome to knowing that there are several Odyssey's around. We love ours and I actually love driving ours too. I am feeling good and just had my 16 week appt. I find out in 4 weeks what I am having. I am so excited that I can't wait. I hope the next 4 weeks go by fast!!!!

Rhiannon said...

There aint no love going on in there anymore Dave!!!! When I show up in my sweet ride make sure to let Serena drive so you don't hit me since you will be asleep.

Marisa said...

Aren't the magic doors the best? We call them our magic doors and so they have to have a magic word. Which is, of course, "Gig 'em" -- the great thing is that Audrey *really* does believe that if she says "Gig 'em" it will make her door open. :) I've been walking out into the garage to hear her yelling (thumb up, of course), "Gig 'em"..."Gig 'em"..."Gig 'em"...each one a little louder than the other. She starts looking around like the darn thing's busted. It's hilarious!

Serena said...

Rhi you are truly gay for your minivan. But it's cute. Can't wait to go 'cruisin' with you!!

Unknown said...

No, Sweetie! I will NOT let you go out "cruising" with Rhiannon in that bus!!!!!!!! NO! I forbid it!

Marisa said...

Rhi -- you can help me write tests anytime! Nothing like a few "double answers" to confuse them... ;)